Dead Covers Project Returns – Share Your Grateful Dead Covers
Dead Covers Project is back! An annual event in which musicians are invited to share their covers of Grateful Dead songs, this year’s Dead Covers Project will focus on songs featured on the albums Europe ’72 and Europe ’72 Volume 2.
A message on the band’s official site, dead.net reads: “Europe ’72 50 years on! Can you dig it? Can you DO IT? Come along on an improvisational, explorational journey as we explore the Dead on one of their most prolific tours in one of their most exciting eras.
“Attention all yea Truckin’ Fools: Show us that 50 years later, there is still ‘nothing like a Grateful Dead concert.’ Can you deliver live takes as if you were on stage at L’Olympia or the Lyceum? Does that Brown-Eyed Women from Tivoli have you sowing for Delilah Jones? Where to start? Take your inspiration from Europe ’72 (Vol. 1 and 2) and let your creativity flow, visually and vocally.”
How to participate:
– Upload video of your cover to YouTube and Tag #DeadCoversProject
– Aren’t pitch perfect? Join the fun by liking your favourite renditions to the top of the leader board.
What Participants Can Expect:
– Your video will be added to the Dead Covers Project 2022 Playlist, which will be featured on Grateful Dead’s official YouTube Page
– One new select submission will be featured daily on the Dead’s official website, www.dead.net, it could be yours!
– Possibility of being featured on other official Dead properties, such as socials or on email
– Your video may be selected for the Europe ’72 & Europe ’72 Volume 2 recreated Track by Track Playlists using UG DCP videos.
For a look at the covers that made it into last year’s playlist, see below: